Prior to the arrival of Tibetan migrants some 300 years ago,Langtang was considered a “Hidden Valley”, a place of refuge. Located near the Tibetan border due north of Kathmandu, it is Nepal’s most accessible high trekking route. With its close proximity and moderately high elevation, Langtang offers the highlands of Nepal to those who don’t have an extended vacation. Unfortunately Langtang was badly hit by the 2015 earthquake, 90 % of the Kyangjin village was buried under the snow & mud avalanche and died many men & women.
Your Langtang trek begins in Dhunche / Syabrubensi and ascends into a forested valley adorned with Spanish moss and delicate orchids. Rising out of the forest, you enter the open upper valley. The trail follows the glacier-fed Langtang river on a high, but gentle valley floor. The crest of the Himalaya dominates the skyline to the north, culminating in Langtang Lirung the highest peak in the region. The highest year-round settlement in the valley is Langtang village, a community of Tibetan-speaking farmers and herders. Here, and at Kyanjing, cow-yak crossbreeds provide milk for the local cheese factories.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu 1350m airport, transfer to hotel. Pre-briefing about the trip
- Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valleys’ major places & prepare for the trek
- Day 03: Early morning jeep/bus drive to Saybru 2720m via Dhunce 2030m
- Day 04: Saybrubesi-Lamahotel 2410m
- Day 05: Lamahotel-Langtang 3330m
- Day 06: Langtang-Kanjingompa. 3730m – Half day
- Day 07: Explore Kanjin Ri & walk around glacier
- Day 08: Kanjingompa – Ghodetabala 2992m
- Day 09: Ghodetabala – Thulo Saybrugoan 2210m
- Day 10: Thulo Saybrugoan – Cholangpati 3584m
- Day 11: Cholangpati – Gosaikunda Lake 4380m
- Day 12: Around midday (sightseeing at Lake) start walk to Chandanbari 3250m
- Day 13: Chandanbari- Kathmandu via Dhunche by walk & drive
- Day 14: Fly back to home.
Duration: 14 days KTM-KTM
Max Altitude: 4380m (14,366 ft)
When to Go: Mar~May & Sep~Dec
Accommodation: Standard Lodge
- Kyanjin Gompa 3730m- an old well respected Buddhist monastery
- Kanjin Ri
- Glacier exploration
- Gosainkunda Lake- an important holy lake for Hindu and Buddhists