The best way to do the Gosaikunda trek is to visit Langtang first. For those with a short time schedule should start from Gosaikunda Lake. The lake has a black rock in the middle said to be the head of Lord Shiva. According to legend, Shiva created this high altitude lake when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after consuming poison. There is a white rock under the water that is said to be remnant of an ancient shrine of Shiva.
The upper part of Helambu is inhabited by Sherpa’s who are very different from their cousins in Solu Khumbu. Instead of Tibetan style black dress and colorful apron. You will be happy doing this easy trek.
Then trek back to Sundarjal and up to the Hindu holy lakes and pilgrimage site of Gosaikunda. This pastoral mountain journey ends with a shuttle ride back to your hotel accommodations in Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu 1350m, transfer to hotel, pre-briefing about the trip
- Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu, sightseeing with tour guide
- Day 03: Early morning drive to Dunche 2030m
- Day 04: Dhunche – Chandanbari 3250m
- Day 05: Chandanbari – Gosainkunda 4380m
- Day 06: Gosaikunda – Rest day explore around
- Day 07: Gosaikunda- Ghopte Odar 3515m
- Day 08: Gopte Odar – Kutumsang 2470m
- Day 09: Kutumsang – Chisapani 2215m
- Day 10: Chsapani – Kathmandu via Sundarijal, transfer to hotel.
- Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu , shopping etc.
- Day 12: Fly back to home
Duration: 12 days KTM-KTM
Max Altitude: 4380m (14,325 ft.)
When to Go: Mar~May & Sep~Dec
Accommodation: Standard Lodge
- Gosainkunda Lake
- Chisapani- great view point