The massive Annapurna & Dhaulagri Himals dominate Central Nepal, and this route north of Pokhara takes us into a stunning wilderness with a 360-degree panorama of spectacular Himalayan peaks. Starting in the tropical lowland villages around Pokhara, we enter the Modi Khola Gorge and follow the route under Machhapuchhare (6997m), entering the hidden world of Annapurna Sanctuary. We trek to Deorali Pass, where some 3200m below run the Kali Gandaki River through the deepest valley in the world. To the east stands Annapurna I 8091m, and to the west is Dhaulagiri 8167m, an immense massif, among the world’s highest, most awe-inspiring and unforgettable mountains. A circular route brings us back to complete a truly memorable trek. Considered by local Gurungs as a place of the Gods, the Annapurna Sanctuary is indeed something very special.
From Pokhara we head to Ghandruk. Follow the Modi Khola through bamboo and rhododendrons to the sanctuary to 4070m. Ringed by snow-covered peaks of 6-7 and 8 thousand meters and crashing glaciers. Mountaineers can attempt trekking peaks including Tharpu Chuli (Tent Peak) 5663m, Himchuli (Snow peak) 6641m or Fluted peak 5663m.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu airport 1350m transfer to hotel, pre-briefing about the trek
- Day 02: Sightseeing around KTM valley major places with tour guide
- Day 03: Early morning drive or fly to Pokhara- Explore Pokhara valley & boating on Fewa Lake
- Day 04: Pokhara-New Bridge 1070m by van drive, start trek to Ulleri.1960m
- Day 05: Ulleri-Ghorepani 2860m
- Day 06: Ghorepani – Tadapani 2630m – After Poonhill 3193m sunrise trip
- Day 07: Tadapani – Ghandrung 1940m
- Day 08: Ghandrung – Chomrung 2110m
- Day 09: Chomrung- Dovan 2600m
- Day 10: Dovan -Annapurna Base Camp 4130m.
- Day 11: ABC- Bagar 3300m via Machhapuchhre Base Camp 3700m.
- Day 12: Bagar-Chomrung 2110m
- Day 13: Chomrung- Pothana 1890m
- Day 14: Pothana – Pokhara, fly back to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, farewell dinner
- Day 15: Fly back to home
Duration: 15 Days
Max Altitude: 4130m (13,476 ft.)
When to Go: Mar~May & Sep~Nov
Accommodation: Lodge (Standard/Deluxe)
- Spectacular views of Annapurna mountain ranges from Poonhill
- Trekking peaks: Tharpu Chuli (Tent Peak) 5663m, Himchuli (Snow peak)6641m or Fluted peak 5663m
- A 360-degree panorama of spectacular Himalayan peaks from BC
Deepest valley in the world